[ExI] META: Re: free-will, determinism, crime and punishment

gts gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 21:27:56 UTC 2007

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:26:38 -0400, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> It is interesting what we collectively choose to discuss, and what we
> choose not to discuss.

It's interesting to me that in what I would call the good old days of this
list, some number of years ago, people here were free to discuss pretty
much whatever they wanted to discuss. The only requirement seemed to be
that the issue be of importance to people of an intellectual bent. I
insist that the philosophy of justice is one of those issues, Eugen, even
if *to you* it might not seem important.

I'm sure you're a good guy, Eugen, but hate to you tell ya': this list is
not all about what you happen to think is important.

I'm not happy that this list went from unmoderated to moderated. Your
moderator policies sometimes force me to look for other places to find
intelligent discussion of the things that interest me. Problem for me is,
intelligent discussion is pretty hard to found outside of ExI.

-gts