[ExI] Seeking a source

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky sentience at pobox.com
Mon Aug 27 03:53:44 UTC 2007

Heard from a friend:  "I recall a comment from D-Wave Systems that a
1974 era computer running 2007 algorithms would beat a modern computer
running 1974 algorithms."  Topic was decryption / factorization.

I am looking for the original source of the D-Wave comment, or any
reputable source for a statement similar to it (computer from year X
with new algorithm Y beats new computer from year Y with old algorithm
from X).