[ExI] Extropy/Entropy re: Rational Morality

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Sat Dec 15 20:09:29 UTC 2007

Stephan wrote:
"Moral behavior is the realization that existence is preferable over non
existence and that the larger the group one belongs to the better one's
own
existence can be ensured. I replied to an earlier mail of yours with a
link
to a paper arguing this in more depths. If I had seen your statement
here
earlier I would  have replied to you here with teh link."
_____________

Sorry, I was not paying attention till now. My mind is easily
distracted and lost tract of time. I'm still learning about the use of
computer interactions on the web.

My monkey mind is jumping topic to topic, from entropy to extropy and
now rational morality.

I'm trying to integrate the little I learned from cosmology to genetics
with sociological implications of rational morality. As I said in my
previews posts morality exists only in our minds and not in cosmic
evolution or genes.

Sociologists call the process reciprocal rationality to what you chose
to call as rational morality. The mind is attached to what it sees as
beneficial to itself. Call it whatever term you chose it boils down to
this genetic predisposition for self preservation.

On another note, extropy exists side by side with entropy, without one
the other cannot exist like two sides of a coin. i.e. Our minds cannot
see the genetic effects of GM plants and animals till the evidence of
extinction is available.