[ExI] LA Times: Rehabbing militants in Saudi Arabia

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 00:18:26 UTC 2007

Are Guantanamo psychologists better programmers than the religious? Does
their mindwipe go deep enough? Or is the rule of thumb now going to be:
once susceptible, always susceptible?

I wonder if anybody else realizes that this is government reprogramming
the (deeply) religious. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would run
with that one.

On Tuesday 25 December 2007, PJ Manney wrote:
> But for three years, the Interior Ministry has been trying to turn
> impressionable militants away from radicalism through six weeks of
> psychological counseling, religious reeducation, job training and art
> therapy that can produce Jackson Pollock knock-offs and stark desert
> scenes. Those who complete the program, such as Al-Dossari, receive
> outreach counseling and are kept under surveillance.

Six weeks? Is that all it takes?

- Bryan