[ExI] LA Times: Rehabbing militants in Saudi Arabia

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at yahoo.it
Thu Dec 27 17:29:29 UTC 2007

Bryan Bishop ha scritto:
> Are Guantanamo psychologists better programmers than the religious? Does
> their mindwipe go deep enough? Or is the rule of thumb now going to be:
> once susceptible, always susceptible?
>
> I wonder if anybody else realizes that this is government reprogramming
> the (deeply) religious. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would run
> with that one.
>
> On Tuesday 25 December 2007, PJ Manney wrote:
>> But for three years, the Interior Ministry has been trying to turn
>> impressionable militants away from radicalism through six weeks of
>> psychological counseling, religious reeducation, job training and art
>> therapy that can produce Jackson Pollock knock-offs and stark desert
>> scenes. Those who complete the program, such as Al-Dossari, receive
>> outreach counseling and are kept under surveillance.

> Six weeks? Is that all it takes?

Six years in Guantanamo and six weeks in rehab.
I would not underestimate the educative effect of six years in
Guantanamo (or any close place) or the educative effect of becoming six
years older under hard conditions.

Also, living the "real" Jihad and not watching it on TV or by tales put
it on a more "realistic" light.

If we could "rehab" the extremist in only six weeks, we could for sure
"rehab" many more people like psychiatric cases and drug addicts in a
similar time frame. And the money saving would be considerable.

Mirco
--
[Intangible capital is] the preponderant form of wealth.
When we look at the shares of intangible capital across income classes,