[ExI] Asteroid on track for possible (probability of 1:25) Marshit

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 16:08:36 UTC 2007

On Sunday 30 December 2007, Ian Goddard wrote:
>  Hmmm, is building an asteroid shield a case where
> government might be useful or even necessary? ~Ian

No. I think we can do it. What about a sort of loose-knit network of
units in space that can weave a shield together, or be a dispendable
shield themselves? They would be told to assemble in a certain sector
of the sky, a good distance away from the planet, and attempt to
provide enough thrust to sway the path of the object. I am all for the
nuclear suggestions, but if that never goes down ...

- Bryan