[extropy-chat] Save the World

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun Feb 11 10:57:07 UTC 2007

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 12:13:48PM +1030, Emlyn wrote:

>    Couldn't we darken the atmosphere to counteract the greenhouse effect?
>    Kind of nuclear winter vs global warming...

Instead of investing in cleaner jet fuels, he'd better
1) make them burn dirty, preferrably inject ice nucleators
2) fly high, as high as possible
3) long-term, fly with synfuel or cryogenic hydrogen as fuel, made from renewable sources

Global dimming needs a comeback.

As to "scrubbing greenhouse gaess out of the atmosphere",
that's a red herring. They're are already being rather efficiently
scrubbed, what is needed is reducing our emissions. And it doesn't
take 25 megabucks to figure out how, we already know.