[extropy-chat] Moving on (was CF research)

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sun Feb 11 22:40:46 UTC 2007

At 03:28 PM 2/11/2007 -0500, Ben wrote:

snip

>There are other intelligent people on this list who agree with me, I'm
>sure (e.g. Keith Henson, Eliezer Yudkowsky, and Damien Broderick have
>all spoken up at some point in this dialogue), but none of them has felt
>like devoting the time to keep defending CF.

I can't speak for the others, but in general arguing with emotionally
involved people is a waste of time.  It isn't like what we say here will
have any effect on the future of CF, where as there are areas where our
discussion might make a difference.

>I don't have more time to
>give to this dialogue either, really, I've got an AI to build...

Good.

Have you considered an intermediate step?  An intelligence amplifier that
could build engineering models and keep track of details would be of
enormous help.  Not to mention being worth a fortune.

Keith Henson