[extropy-chat] Moving on (was CF research)

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 13:31:37 UTC 2007

On 2/11/07, Keith Henson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:
> Have you considered an intermediate step?  An intelligence amplifier that
> could build engineering models and keep track of details would be of
> enormous help.  Not to mention being worth a fortune.

Can you further qualify "intelligence amplifier"?

I imagine a concoction of chemicals that when consumed by
already-smart people, makes them more likely to have periods of highly
lucid creativity and focused output towards a goal.  This too would be
worth a fortune, but does not scale as well as computer hardware due
to the relative scarcity of already-smart people.  :)