[extropy-chat] hear everything: CNN features amazing user with autism

Anne Corwin sparkle_robot at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 01:45:59 UTC 2007

spike said: "The exercise I was thinking about is to try to figure out who is coming by the sound of their footsteps."

I do this frequently, and remember doing it a lot in school in order to figure out which teachers were approaching.

In addition, it's interesting to try identifying people based on their body shape as opposed to based on their face -- there are a lot of subtle variations in proportion, height-weight distribution, and limb outline that can actually be used to distinguish different people more accurately than facial features at a greater distance (and, in addition, the "body shape" method of identification has the benefit of not requiring that the other person be facing you).

- Anne