[extropy-chat] hear everything: CNN features amazing user with autism

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Mon Feb 26 02:22:41 UTC 2007

> In addition, it's interesting to try identifying people based on their body shape as
> opposed to based on their face -- there are a lot of subtle variations in
> proportion, height-weight distribution, and limb outline that can actually be used
> to distinguish different people more accurately than facial features at a greater
> distance (and, in addition, the "body shape" method of identification has the
> benefit of not requiring that the other person be facing you).

I remember trying to do this, and the footsteps recognition, when I was in school.
Sherlock Holmes books talked about this... how he could recognise people in
disguise, and pointing out the walk and movement and shape as so distinctive.  I
found that fascinating, but had sorta forgotten about it.

Regards,
MB