[extropy-chat] Interesting article follow up

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Thu Jan 4 21:34:12 UTC 2007

"Johns Hopkins researchers have found that more effective than threats on
billboards, warnings on products or lectures from a doctor are the
development of new habits within social groups. Peer opinion leaders and
group support, they believe, are among the most critical aids to change,
whether you're aiming to lose weight, quit smoking or exercise.

"'If you want to change and maintain behavior over time, you need people
who are going to be supportive of those changes,'"

If guilt trips won't do it, I wonder if we need a support group to help
people make cryonics arrangements?  :-)

Keith