[extropy-chat] NEWS: "Parents Defend Decision to Keep Girl Small"

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Fri Jan 5 12:46:03 UTC 2007

> Sam Howe Verhovek of the LA Times covers a story about a young girl whose
> disabling disease cause her parents to intervene and stud her growth,
> "Parents defend decision to keep disabled girl small" (January 3, 2007)
>
> http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-na-stunt3jan03,0,4588681.story?coll=la-
> home-headlines

People are faced with terrible situations all the time. Growth Attenuation seems
like a reasonable option in such a case.

One of my friends was a nurse, but she discovered after a dozen or so years that she
was beginning to have back and shoulder and wrist troubles - connected with lifting,
turning, and otherwise dealing with heavy patients. She now does library work
instead.

These parents are doing the best they can. They need support, is my view.

I very much appreciated the father's closing statement about "letting nature take
its course".

Regards,
MB