[extropy-chat] NEWS: "Parents Defend Decision to Keep Girl Small"

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 6 02:38:48 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of MB
>
> One of my friends was a nurse, but she discovered after a dozen or so
> years that she
> was beginning to have back and shoulder and wrist troubles - connected
> with lifting,
> turning, and otherwise dealing with heavy patients. She now does library
> work
> instead... Regards, MB

I dated a nurse in my misspent youth.  I tagged along and noted that much of
her work involved lifting and moving patients.  Over the past 25 years,
people in general have become much heavier I have heard, and OSHA standards
have gotten stricter on maximum loads workers are allowed to hoist.  Would
not these two factors conspire to make the nurses job ever harder?