[extropy-chat] what is probability?

Benjamin Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Fri Jan 12 16:26:26 UTC 2007

Yes, but in terms of the subjective theory of probability, it seems
that certain ways of using the PI are "incoherent" whereas others are
"coherent."  The paper I referenced described coherent ways of using
PI in the wine/water situation and other commonly discussed
situations...

A rational mind may, at a certain point, not be able to tell which way
of using the PI is going to be coherent in the context of future
observations.  But it should be able to tell which ways will be
coherent in the context of prior observations, if it has adequate
computational resources to do the calculations.

ben