[extropy-chat] Fwd: Robert Anton Wilson 1932 - 2007 (2)

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 20:59:19 UTC 2007

On 1/12/07, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> 6. me (although not yet dead, I think)
> Damien Broderick

7. Nor me.  Though I would like to see what the future looks like I have yet
to see a probable future I would actually like to live in.

Damien's problem is I think different from mine.  I think Damien is stuck on
the  identity problem (feel free to correct if I am misinterpreting loose
interpretations).  I on the other hand, though it may have taken me a while
to get there, accept that "me" is "me" is "me" no matter what the
instantiation.  I have real questions about wanting to project "me" into a
reality that "I" find totally unacceptable.  Odds IMO would currently
dictate multiple probable future realities that "I" would object to or view
as pointless.

So here is a question, how many cryonics suspendees would choose to be
brought back into reality with a lion about to rip out their throat?  How do
you guarantee that that is a low probability reanimation reality?

Robert