[extropy-chat] A future fit to live in? (was: Robert AntonWilson)

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 20:40:21 UTC 2007

On 1/13/07, Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:

> This is a good example of why I keeping pointing out that it's not
> "survival" (whatever that could possibly mean in a rapidly changing
> environment) that matters, but rather the promotion of one's values into the
> future.

Agreed, though I perhaps like Damien am attached to my current
instantiation.  I doubt most of us would have a problem with exiting stage
left provided a clear picture of stage right were presented (and we happened
to agree that that might be the best path forward).

The reason that the Amish still exist is that nobody has ever convinced them
that their existence is pointless.  (A separate moral question is whether
people should be allowed to propagate memes that could be classified as
maintaining a pointless existence?)

Robert