[extropy-chat] ethical issues with children

pjmanney pj at pj-manney.com
Sun Jan 21 22:31:44 UTC 2007

>Ask PJ about her daughter's chemistry experiments ..........
>:-)

How true!  She's got a fascinating, multi-purpose brain.  Both creative and analytical.  And so deeply empathetic, sometimes I think I'm living with the chick from "Star Trek - Next Generation."  Loves Science.  Gave Amara, Jef and Stuart quite a lecture on her ongoing chemistry explorations, both in and out of school.  But at least they missed the actual sourcing and mixing of ingredients/elements in Mommy's china...  Yuck...

She's also lucky to have a best friend's mom who is a biology prof. at Pepperdine, who comes in and teaches her class, too.  She's a great role model for girls at an impressionable age.

And it's not like I'm not writing about this stuff all the time.  "Mommy, explain 'nanotechnology...'"

PJ