[extropy-chat] ethical issues with children

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Mon Jan 22 06:36:31 UTC 2007

Robert:
>I would be interested in the "chemistry experiments" that one did on a
>boat.

I missed that part during the boat life. There were ongoing 'natural'
chemistry experiments, but those were removed when we pumped the bilge.
No my play in my childhood boat life usually revolved around catching
things (the boat was usually docked, so we had 'toys' like crabs and
shrimp and geckos to play with). And a lot of swimming.

And I should say that I never did 'take' to chemistry. Didn't like
it in middle school, high school or college. I think that my astronomy
has suffered for not having a good chemistry training too. Perhaps if
I had grasped the idea of 'playing' with chemistry, it would have
gone somewhere with me.

PJ's daughter's Hannah's chemistry experiments are extremely creative.
Mixing things (no limits on 'things', as I understand) together and seeing
what happens. And taking notes!  (She's 8...)

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
INAF Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI), Roma, ITALIA