[extropy-chat] all quiet on the extrope front

Thomas Thomas at thomasoliver.net
Thu Jan 25 08:46:05 UTC 2007

spike wrote:

>>Damien, you sound like an argument addict jonesin' for a fix.  ;-)
>>
>>PJ
>>
>[...] Twenty years ago, I would have no idea what one was
>doing when jonesin for a fix;

    "Got to have a Jones for this Jones for that
    This running with the Joneses boy
    Just ain´t where it´s at
    You gonna come back around
    To the sad sad truth the dirty lowdown"

When Boz Scaggs <http://www.bozscaggs.com/> had his big hit, "Lowdown"
in 1976 -- that's when the "jonesin'" meme went mainstream on my
timeline.  I used to play that tune almost every night.  I worked 6
nights a week back then.  But most of the lyrics had faded from my mind.
 Now I can refresh my mind with a few keystrokes!  I can renew old joys
and easily access new joys.  I'll need at least 500 more years to slake
this jones.  -- Thomas