[extropy-chat] an(other) Aussie visits Texas

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky sentience at pobox.com
Sun Jan 28 22:36:14 UTC 2007

Damien Broderick wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/v/HCkYfYa8ePI
>
> (more evidence that I'm jonesin for a quarrel? I hope not.)

Okay...

...maybe I'm just being naive, here...

...refusing to accept reality...

...but I find myself skeptical that some of these people were not being
deliberately stupid, in hopes of getting on television.  If, indeed,
worse deeds of fakery were not committed.

Yes, I've met ordinary mortals and been deeply shocked by the things
they didn't know - but they still didn't believe that Star Wars is based
on a true story.

Or maybe I still haven't been looking low enough.  It says something
that I'm not sure.

The FAI camp is waiting patiently for you, Robert Bradbury; and those of
us already here made that choice for a reason.