[extropy-chat] Cold fusion

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky sentience at pobox.com
Tue Jan 30 19:16:15 UTC 2007

This is unworthy of you, John.  Ben Goertzel AND Damien Broderick AND
Eliezer Yudkowsky, have all told you point-blank that there exists
interesting scientific evidence and progress for anomalous heat
generation aka "cold fusion", supported by at least a hundred different
scientists working on it.  What kind of scam do you suppose would
convince all three of us?  Do we simply have holes in our brains?  I, in
particular, don't give the slightest damn about anomalous heat
generation as a technology.  Is it smart?  Does it relate in any way to
cognition?  No.  So the only reason I care about it is as a potential
case example of bad science - which it is, one way or the other,
regardless of who turns out to be right.