[extropy-chat] Coin Flip Paradox

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 01:59:06 UTC 2007

Sorry to suggest anything on your behalf.  To be honest I took the
opportunity afforded by the ambiguous "Do you have a point?" to go a
different direction.  I also did not mean to inflect that this thread
(or the number of similar threads) are not interesting or relevant in
general - more that they are interesting and relevant in such
excruciating detail that it is difficult (for me, for example) to have
any hope of entering the conversation.  I liken this to my own
experience at a party where my interests are often too 'heady' for the
majority of the guests.  In that situation, I prefer that the host
leave us alone rather than try to draw us back to the casual (shallow)
group conversation.  Perhaps my tone was less than gracious in
suggesting that a niche topic is easily ignored on a discussion list
without sacrificing either the quality of that topic or the list.