[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Wed Jan 31 17:49:21 UTC 2007

"Ben Goertzel" <ben at goertzel.org>

>   Fleischmann and Pons may have been wrong

MAY HAVE?! I don't believe any scientific paper in the 20'th century has
been more wrong, certainly none has wasted more time or led to more blind
alleys.

> They were well respected scientists with many publications,
> official positions and honors.

With emphasis on "were"; nobody is giving them honors today.

> their work has been replicated by so many others

Yes, Joe Blow the truck driver finds it remarkably easy to replicate the
work, but the funny thing is nobody else can.

> The folks who originally trashed the CF research did a remarkably good job

And satellites are beaming evil thoughts straight into my brain, that's why
I have this aluminum foil hat on.

   John K Clark