[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings

Ben Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Wed Jan 31 18:29:49 UTC 2007

On Jan 31, 2007, at 12:49 PM, John K Clark wrote:

> "Ben Goertzel" <ben at goertzel.org>
>
>>   Fleischmann and Pons may have been wrong
>
> MAY HAVE?! I don't believe any scientific paper in the 20'th
> century has
> been more wrong, certainly none has wasted more time or led to more
> blind
> alleys.
>
>> They were well respected scientists with many publications,
>> official positions and honors.
>
> With emphasis on "were"; nobody is giving them honors today.
>
>> their work has been replicated by so many others
>
> Yes, Joe Blow the truck driver finds it remarkably easy to
> replicate the
> work, but the funny thing is nobody else can.

Replications have occurred in many university and industry labs
during the last 17
years.

None so far as I know have occurred in truck stops.

Read the literature if you're actually curious about the facts of the
situation (but it
seems you're not...); I have better things to do than argue with
people who refuse
to read the basic facts regarding the thing they're arguing about!!

It would be possible to frame a cogent argument against the reality
of CF, but
you are not doing so.

Ben