[ExI] The unscientific nature of existing climate forecasts

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 05:20:14 UTC 2007

On 7/12/07, Max More wrote:
> My commentary on an incisive new paper by forecasting experts
> Armstrong and Green:
>
> Global Warming: Forecasts by Scientists versus Scientific Forecasts
> by J. Scott Armstrong, Kesten C. Green
> http://www.manyworlds.com/exploreCO.aspx?coid=CO770716334614

I have lived in the UK long enough to know from personal experience
that the UK climate is warmer than it used to be. The winters are now
so mild overall that the birds and flowers are getting confused, think
spring has arrived and get caught by a sudden cold snap.

The winter snows have almost disappeared. I remember years ago driving
to work between walls of snow and being unable to even get the car out
of the garage for over a week.

Spring flowers bloom weeks earlier than they used to and many summer
flowers now bloom right on to December before a frost kills them off.

It is not just my opinion. Many local news reports say similar. After
all, the weather is England's favorite topic of conversation.  :)

BillK