[ExI] The Mormon Missionary Experience (Was: Linguistic Markers of Class)

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Fri Jun 1 02:58:58 UTC 2007

John,

Wow, that was all great.  You're quite the expert on all that!

I've got another story for your grand collection.  In Japan, one of my
companions was sent home for doing it with one of the wifes of a family
the missionaries were teaching.  I could see how it happened, because I
met her one last time before returning home, and when she shook my hand
with both hands and looked into my eyes... wow.  I think you've got to
hand it to the large majority of them that can resist such unimaginable
"temptation".

And it seemed like every missionary over there had several girls visit
them in the US after they returned home, chasing after them, wanting not
only a better country economically, but a country that treats women far
better.

Brent Allsop

John Grigg wrote:
> Spike wrote:
> The church was at that time pondering letting the girls go on
> missions too.  But a lot of us can think immediately of why that would
> be a really bad idea.  John or anyone know how that turned out?
> I have heard that it is a sport among lonely housewives to try to
> seduce the Mormon boys, but I have never heard if anyone ever made a
> score with them.{8^D

<snip>