[ExI] a doubt concerning the h+ future

neville late neville_06 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 05:14:58 UTC 2007

Excellent question, why do so many --not just me-- worry about the negative and not focus on positive possibilities?
  Could it be some are wired to worry more as they age? This would seem to be the case. Also it is mentioned somewhere in the Extropy canon that we live in an "aggressively irrational world", a statement self evidently correct. A world such as this, at times intruding on our consciousness would IMO detract from the positive and lead genetically wired susceptible individuals to excessive worry. Now as some of you have implied or stated, some things aren't worth worrying about, and after reading all your posts it does seems that to worry about eternal torture is foolish. Eternal torture is conceivable, not plausible.
  However, btw, the just reported uncovered plot to blow up JFK Airport and a major fuel artery is a legitimate cause for worry, is it not?

Russell Wallace <russell.wallace at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 6/3/07, neville late <neville_06 at yahoo.com> wrote:    This makes sense, in fact in another multiverse we might all be going through torture at this very moment.

And in yet another part of the multiverse, I'm living in a mansion, driving a Ferrari and sleeping with Sarah Michelle Gellar. Given that we're talking about theoretical possibilities here, why not focus on the more pleasant ones?