[ExI] extra Roman dimensions

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Mon Jun 11 05:35:48 UTC 2007

On Jun 10, 2007, at 10:30 PM, spike wrote:
> J Andrew, do you figure it was EMPed?  That would be a hell of a
> note.  I
> would think one could design an EMP-proof car, or have a all-
> mechanical
> backup that would keep the engine running even if not optimally.

I never thought it was EMP.  Hell, I don't even follow the news; I
saw the story here first.  A simple mechanical failure is much more
plausible.  EMP, even local, has some rather noticeable side effects
that someone else would have noticed.  Like any camera crews in the
vicinity.

While they could shield a car against serious EMP, there really would
not be any point.  Anyone that can pull that off in grand style is
capable of a hell of a lot more damage if they wish, making EMP
protection moot.

Cheers,

J. Andrew Rogers