[ExI] Taking A Vacation

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 15:39:28 UTC 2007

 I'm going to take a vacation from posting, because I
can't handle this right now. I suppose it's possible
that I've been just slightly too harsh on John Clark,
so I want to clarify my position. First, I don't
believe in the existence of "free will", and a person
can only act in this world based on their own internal
model of reality - and nothing else. In my opinion,
John Clark's internal model is pretty severely
misguided when it comes to the Friendly AI issue. But
like I said, I don't hate John, and I honestly don't
want anything negative to come to him. I actually hope
that he can join us in the wonderful future that
hopefully isn't too distant for any of us. If you have
to, go the cryonics route people; it will work and
you'll be glad you did. I'm a fairly young and
physically healthy person (27 yo), and like *many*
other people will do, I will do what I can to make
sure that nothing bad happens to you while asleep
(assuming that I will be able to transcend at least to
some degree in the interim) - although I really don't
expect that any extra defense will be necessary;
because I'm beginning to increasingly believe that our
future will be a great place; where we can all finally
be the people we've always wanted to be. Anyway,
there's my clarification.

Jeffrey Herrlich