[ExI] does the pedal meet the medal?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Fri Jun 15 07:44:44 UTC 2007

Is it possible to get some of the more promising cognitive drugs out
there today like CX717?  Yes I realize it is officially early in the
official cycle.  But by the time the "official" cycle is done and it
is approved "officially" for strictly non-enhancement use only as per
usual I will have experienced several years of lower memory and
concentration that I could otherwise have along with many tens of
millions of other boomers.   What can be done?    Not 10 years from
now if then but now or as close to it as possible?    Can we do
nothing but talk and hope to get enough influence some day to
influence the "official line"?  I don't think we will ever get there.
Not in this country where even something as no-brainer as stem cell R
& D (or even R only) has to battle like mad.   So what is to be done?

- samantha