[ExI] Favorite ~H+ Movies

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 00:22:43 UTC 2007

On 6/24/07, Elaa Mohamad <emohamad at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder why nobody mentioned The Matrix so far? Or did I miss it?

Well, the criteria I've been using are portraying technology in a positive
light, and - more important, sufficiently so to get a work at least an
honorable mention by itself - the use of rational thought for solving
problems.

In The Matrix, the machines are evil and the way to solve problems is with a
form of watered-down mysticism. I'm not saying it's a bad movie - it's good
for what it is, a martial arts flick with cool special effects - but I
wouldn't recommend it for the philosophy.

Here's another one I just remembered: Ghostbusters.