[extropy-chat] A movie recommendation

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Fri Mar 2 17:20:41 UTC 2007

If you have not already seen the great movie The Prestige do yourself a
favor and see it immediately, but don't read any more of this message.

"Randall Randall" <randall at randallsquared.com>

> As for the movie supporting your view of copies, I don't think it did.
> The makers clearly wanted us to see the the copykiller as a bad person -

But it was the original Angier who did the first killing, shooting his poor
copy the first time he used the machine just a few seconds after he
created him. My favorite line was when Angier said " It took courage to
walk into that machine every night, not knowing if I'd be the man in the
tank drowning or the man in The Prestige". Of course he was both.

As for Borden, he had no copy, just a natural clone better known as a
identical twin.

John K Clark