[extropy-chat] Live long enough to live forever

Sondre Bjellås sondre.bjellas at intellifield.no
Sun Mar 18 19:39:10 UTC 2007

I'm recently new to this list and I wanted to hear your own personal experiences on longevity and personal improvements. It is now more than two years since I read Fantastic Voyage by Ray Kurzweil and Terry Grossman M.D. and it has changed my life (http://www.fantastic-voyage.net/).

While I have for many years been interested in extropy and transhumanism, the book gave me a kick start to get into a better and more controlled path for longevity.

So I work out 3-4 times a week, I take aggressive amounts of vitamins, minerals, oils and other nutrients. Follows a healthy diet (recently became a vegetarian) and haven't had soda water (Coca Cola, etc.) in more than two years. I rarely drink coffee, but consume a good deal of tee with Stevia as sweetener.

I try to involve myself in multiple projects in both work and personal life, on various subjects and tasks. Reading lots of books on technology, health and philosophy (please feel free to suggest some for me).

In the last two years my health has improved dramatically, I have a lot more energy to do whatever I want. I rarely watch any TV, but do tend to use a lot of time behind the computer. My memory has improved and I easily remember details from discussions I have with people.

Having a hard time getting friends and family to adopt the same plan and outlook for their own life. Any good advice on how to convince people? It's not a lack of knowledge, people know what is good and bad, but they don't seem to care. They don't think they will get cancer. They don't think they will be the ones dying prematurely.

Regards,

Sondre Bjellås

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses and found clean.