[extropy-chat] Posthumanism vs. Transhumanism

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Wed May 2 01:51:16 UTC 2007

Natasha,

This would be a great example that could demonstrate the power of the
Canonizer.  Through a canonization process, everyone could propose and
discover the facts and things everyone agreed on.  These could be wikied
into the "agreement statement" on this contentious topic (i.e. anyone
that objects to a particular piece of information means it must be put
in some sub POV statement).  Then everyone could work to wiki the
position statements in the appropriate tree structure below the
agreement statement so that all POV camps and sub camps could be
adequately represented.  Then everyone could "join" or support the
position statements that most appropriately included their POV on this
issue.

Once we saw all relevant support by all the relevant parties, for
precisely what they believed on such an issue, we could quantitatively
determine and specify with authority just what the correct and justified
terminology is right?  If only us extropians started out joining camps,
you could point out our authoritative reasons and beliefs to these
academics, and if they disagree, they would be free to add their own POV
so it can all be fairly represented.  If they refused to participate,
then oh well, we win right?

I have a prototype of all the structured wiki functionality already
running at http://test.canonizer.com.  And I bet I'll have the support
system so people can "join" (or support or vote for) their camps before
any position statements were fully developed.

Natasha, do you (or anyone else) have some type of beginning write up,
even if only crude and incomplete, that specifies some of the facts and
your POV that we could start with?  We could even start with what you've
said on the issue here.

Brent Allsop