[extropy-chat] Posthumanism vs. Transhumanism

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Wed May 2 16:16:01 UTC 2007

At 08:51 PM 5/1/2007, Brent Allsop wrote:

>Natasha,
>
>This would be a great example that could demonstrate the power of the
>Canonizer.  Through a canonization process, everyone could propose and
>discover the facts and things everyone agreed on.  These could be wikied
>into the "agreement statement" on this contentious topic (i.e. anyone that
>objects to a particular piece of information means it must be put in some
>sub POV statement).  Then everyone could work to wiki the position
>statements in the appropriate tree structure below the agreement statement
>so that all POV camps and sub camps could be adequately represented.  Then
>everyone could "join" or support the position statements that most
>appropriately included their POV on this issue.
>
>Once we saw all relevant support by all the relevant parties, for
>precisely what they believed on such an issue, we could quantitatively
>determine and specify with authority just what the correct and justified
>terminology is right?  If only us extropians started out joining camps,
>you could point out our authoritative reasons and beliefs to these
>academics, and if they disagree, they would be free to add their own POV
>so it can all be fairly represented.  If they refused to participate, then
>oh well, we win right?
>
>I have a prototype of all the structured wiki functionality already
>running at http://test.canonizer.com.  And I bet I'll have the support
>system so people can "join" (or support or vote for) their camps before
>any position statements were fully developed.
>
>Natasha, do you (or anyone else) have some type of beginning write up,
>even if only crude and incomplete, that specifies some of the facts and
>your POV that we could start with?  We could even start with what you've
>said on the issue here.

Okay, let me give this some thought today and respond a little later.

Thanks,
Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
PhD Candidate, <http://www.planetary-collegium.net/about/>Planetary
<http://www.planetary-collegium.net/about/>Collegium
<http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture
<http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective. - Buckminster Fuller