[ExI] pronunciation standards and cow lifeforms

scerir scerir at libero.it
Thu May 3 12:18:37 UTC 2007

> Would not the European cowboy or cowhuman
> have all the same needs as her American counterpart,
> and would not the European cowpeople develop
> all the same characteristics?
> spike

Cows? I didn't see a cow in the last 20 years,
around here. They are gone.

But in Tuscany, I suppose, still there is that
old super-breed called "Chianina"
http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/cattle/chianina/
http://www.ilr.it/tuscany/siena/valdichiana/Chianina/Default.htm
Ever seen a Florentine steak? Usually it weighs
around 2.0/2.5 pounds, and it comes from a "Chianina"
http://italianfood.about.com/b/a/257556.htm
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bistecca_fiorentina

Between Rome and Naples still there is the "Bubalus
Frisch" (Buffalo, or Bufalo in Italian)
and those famous "mozzarelle di Bufalo"
http://www.viaitalia.net/mozzarella_di_bufala.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozzarella_di_Bufala_Campana

But as you can see (link below) both the Buffalos
and the Chianina cows do not live 'en plein air' anymore
http://www.fornobravo.com/brick_oven_cooking/pizza_ingredients/
mozzarella/mozzarella1.html