[ExI] POL: DHEA ban

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri May 4 12:50:03 UTC 2007

On 5/4/07, Technotranscendence wrote:
> This is what the Life Extension Foundation wants its US members to send
> to the US Congress.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan
> I am writing to urge you to vote AGAINST any legislation that would
> restrict my free access to a dietary supplement called
> dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA).

<snip>

Wikipedia and Skeptic's dictionary don't think much of DHEA.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehydroepiandrosterone>
<http://skepdic.com/dhea.html>

Quote:
In short, taking DHEA is a high-risk gamble based on insubstantial evidence.
The main voices in favor of DHEA as a miracle drug are those who are
selling it or who make a good living selling books or programs
advocating "natural cures."

BillK