[ExI] The void left by deleting religion

Torstein Haldorsen torsteinhaldorsen at gmail.com
Fri May 4 21:27:42 UTC 2007

Jef,
I am currently a student of computer science and as such i have fairly
limited real world work experience.
Still, any one persons skillset is generally not sufficient to successfully
pull of an entirely category-defying project such as this.
Although I have had a number of advisors who have provided valuable feedback
in different areas, I have not been successful in recruiting people who have
been able to make independent contributions to this project, pushing it
forward so to speak.

A quick search will reveal the extent to which I have promoted it so far,
which is really very little.

Now, while I believe this idea is quite profound, and find it intellectually
pleasing to have a "religion" of my own design, this could easily be
entirely normal delusions of grandeur. I don't know, but i really love this
project, I believe in the potential of the idea, and i would love to be able
to work on it full time, somehow, some time in the future.

Successful marketing and also sales - if you wanna call it that, is
absolutely essential for any project to succeed, but one needs to have a
marketable "package" first. And also, I would like such a solution to have
qualities that are immediately recognizable as superior to what's already
out there. Just to get there a lot of hard, consistent theoretical
groundwork is needed.

If anyone would like to chip in on the theoretical / planning side here, I
would be very much appreciate it.

As i said, if anyone can play the devils advocate and successfully convince
me why it _wont work_ or why I shouldn't go through with it I would be
grateful also, as I could stop spending a such ridiculous amount of time on
a maniac project that is exceedingly likely to fail at any rate.

Actually, all further input is appreciated...

-TT