[ExI] Stranger Than Fiction: The Pope and the Fish Snacker

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue May 8 03:47:53 UTC 2007

> Subject: [ExI] Stranger Than Fiction: The Pope and the Fish Snacker
>
> Sometimes (often), I do wonder if I belong on this planet.
>
> Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) apparently sent an official, personal letter
> to the Vatican, asking Pope Benedict XVI to bless the company's upcoming,
> "Fish Snacker" sandwich so Catholics could eat it in good grace on Fridays
> during Lent...
>
> Mark Morford:
> "Do Evil CEOs Sleep At Night?
> In other words: Does Kentucky Fried Chicken deserve a blessing from the
> pope?"

> Archive: Mark Morford: My favorite 'newspaper columnist'
> http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/morford/archive/

> Amara

Mark Morford has real literary talent.  The article was worth the time to
read just for this quote:

In other words, KFC wants the Fish Snacker to be officially sanctioned for
those days when Catholics don't eat meat but when they apparently have zero
problem shoving a nasty frozen deep-fried chemical-blasted hunk of
cholesterol and salt and fat and binding agents and mystery gunk made by one
of the skankiest junk-food purveyors in America into their bloodstreams. You
know, just the way Jesus intended.

{8^D