[ExI] Cold fusion: some new results.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Tue May 8 20:18:23 UTC 2007

Benjamin Goertzel

> Naturwissenschaften is a reasonably high-quality magazine,

More respectable than Physical Review Letters if you believe that loony list
because it's not even on it; but American Scientist and Scientific American
are, and they are just one step above Popular Mechanics. And I'm sure The
Proceedings Of The Royal Society Of New Zealand is nice, but is it really
better than "Physical Review Letters"?

> with a respectable impact factor.

Not only have I never heard of Naturwissenschaften I've never heard of
"impact factor" either.

>As for your bet: The problem is that, as discussed already,
> the decision of certain leading journals to ban papers on
> cold fusion

BULLSHIT!

I have never heard any journal state such a ban, the only ban they have is
against crappy papers.

> I figure a big enough breakthrough in CF would
> overcome their bad attitudes toward CF.  I am pretty confident
> a sufficiently large breakthrough will occur in the next 10-15 years,

Why are you "pretty confident"? There was no big breakthrough in the last 15
years, in fact there were no small breakthroughs, there was nothing, NOT ONE
THING. I have no reason to think the next 15 years will be one bit better.

And won't anyone put their money where their mouth is?

John K Clark