[ExI] gamma ray bursts

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed May 9 05:50:08 UTC 2007

Ja, just the confirmation that they are extragalactic.  I always hoped they
were, just because I like really big explosions.  My favorite models
required they be big and far.  It makes more sense that way too: I couldn't
figure any model for how they are isolikely regardless of orientation with
respect to the galactic plane if they were small and close.  We have
statistical techniques that would filter out even a small difference between
on the plane and off.

With BeppoSAX, the Compton BATSE and SWIFT, this is a fun time to be alive
for those who gaze at the sky.

spike

I trademark and donate to the public domain the wonderful term isolikely.