[ExI] Anyone FedUp Besides Me?

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri May 11 02:04:34 UTC 2007

bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Natasha Vita-More

> Certainly there was some bad press in the 1990s but it does not compare to
the positive press during that same time.  We were covered in magazines,
newspapers and televised programs throughout the world.  I was thinking last
night of articles on Max More and he was "the man" - the mind, talent and
looks that journalists love to expose...

Natasha

Ja.  There was an article around 1996-ish in either Skeptic or Skeptical
Inquirer, or possibly even Reason magazine about you and Max.  It contained
a boiled down version of the Extropian Principles, the old Best Do It So
version as I recall.  The article was mostly positive, but they couldn't
resist having a bit of fun with the body-building angle.  A positive review
in those magazines dedicated to debunking notions is a positive thing
indeed.

I read the article and those principles, which reminded me so much of those
marathon Friday night philosophy sessions we had back in college.  I thought
"I don't know from the article what kind of people are Max and Natasha, but
they are sure uttering words which resonate with my soul."

The internet had shown up by then, and I soon found ExI.