[ExI] Free Podcasts about Sagan and others

Fred C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Thu May 10 00:51:32 UTC 2007

There have been several mentions of Carl Sagan and so I thought I would
pass along the following just in case there are some persons here who
are not aware of these free MP3 podcasts.

>From The Point of Inquiry:
http://www.pointofinquiry.org/?p=91
It is Ann Druyan speaking about the Carl Sagan.  Sagan's book The
Varieties of Scientific Experience is discussed.

The site has a lot of other interesting podcasts in their archive:
http://www.pointofinquiry.org/

Also (with not quite as good production value) there is another Ann
Druyan interview on the FFRF site:
http://www.ffrf.org/radio/podcast/
Scroll down to the Oct. 26, 2006 entry.  The Ann Druyan interview starts
a few minutes into the podcast.

FFRF also has a variety of interesting podcasts.  A very funny one is
the Julia Sweeney June 24, 2006 podcast  about her work "Letting Go of
God".  I bought the CD and it is hilarious.

Also touching on some of the issues brought up to the recent discussion
of religion on this list is the July 15, 2006 podcast where Dan Barker
(one of the co-hosts) discusses his transition from minister to atheist.

Fred