[ExI] Language Changing Before Our Very Eyes

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed May 23 01:02:19 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Lee Corbin
> Even neologisms, like my "duh!" above, often evolve to compactly say
> what used to take many words;  in this case, "well, Jeez, of course!"...
Lee

Jeez.

Latinos haven't retired Jesus' jersey as have the Anglicans, so they often
give their sons this name.  Of course it is pronounce hey-soos, but this
brings up an interesting question.  When one has a two syllable name, it is
often shortened to the first, accompanied by "hey" when one greets the
familiar friend.  So David and Joseph might be greeted with hey Dave, or hey
Joe.  So how does one do likewise with Jesus Ramirez?  Hey Hey?