[ExI] History of Slavery

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon May 28 00:46:24 UTC 2007

On May 27, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Lee Corbin wrote:

> Olga writes
>
>> Black people like Sowell really get me because they do not address
>> systematic inequalities.
>
> I would argue that he does. Now it is true that he does not simply
> stick it to white people as being plain bastards and treating everyone
> else wrong because they're just wicked.  ON the contrary, he
> explains that a certain lower, unfortunate class of blacks has
> behaved---thanks to an inheritance of lower class southern
> redneck culture---in ways that most middle class people of any
> race will abhor.

That is a bit over the top toward poor, under-educated, typically
southern whites and blacks.  "Redneck" is being used as the new n-
word.  Read here for a bit of background and perhaps balance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

Yes, I grew up a poor white child and in the heart of the bible belt
too boot.

- samantha