[ExI] Transhumanist (Technical) Roadmap (was: Universal Transhumanist Bibliography)

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Fri Nov 9 16:01:25 UTC 2007

At 05:06 PM 11/8/2007, Bryan Bishop wrote:

>For a while now I have been thinking that it would be feasible and
>useful to construct a "roadmap" of scientific and technological
>research that (objectively) examines the state of the art in H+ related
>research fields, whether AI, nano, cryo, neuro, astro, cloning, etc. I
>have always correlated H+ with open source software and technologies,
>this being the natural next step out of the many possible steps.

Can you bring this to the AI CryoFeast?  It would be a focal point
with you leading a discussion.  I'd love to include Amara's
substantial list as well.  We could webcast discussion or take to SL
if Guilio is available.

Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha<http://www.natasha.cc/> Vita-More
PhD Candidate,  Planetary Collegium - CAiiA, situated in the Faculty
of Technology,
School of Computing, Communications and Electronics,
University of Plymouth, UK
<http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture
<http://extropy.org/>Thinking About the <http://extropy.org/>Future

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the
circle, then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what
is inside the circle and everything outside the circle, then that is
an open system perspective. - Buckminster Fuller