[ExI] Transhumanist (Technical) Roadmap (was: Universal Transhumanist Bibliography)

giovanni santost santostasigio at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 16:31:45 UTC 2007

Suggestion:
Add possible obstacles and dead-ends to the road maps and possible plans to overcome or circumvent them.

Natasha Vita-More <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:   At 05:06 PM 11/8/2007, Bryan Bishop wrote:

 For a while now I have been thinking that it would be feasible and
 useful to construct a "roadmap" of scientific and technological
 research that (objectively) examines the state of the art in H+ related
 research fields, whether AI, nano, cryo, neuro, astro, cloning, etc. I
 have always correlated H+ with open source software and technologies,
 this being the natural next step out of the many possible steps.
 Can you bring this to the AI CryoFeast?  It would be a focal point with you leading a  discussion.  I'd love to include Amara's substantial list as well.  We could webcast discussion or take to SL if Guilio is available.

 Natasha

   Natasha  Vita-More
   PhD Candidate,  Planetary Collegium - CAiiA, situated in the Faculty of Technology,
   School of Computing, Communications and Electronics,
   University of Plymouth, UK
   Transhumanist Arts & Culture
   Thinking About the Future

   If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle, then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system perspective. - Buckminster Fuller

http://mail.yahoo.com