[ExI] Moving Amusements (was Transhumanist (Technical) Roadmap)

giovanni santost santostasigio at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 16:27:37 UTC 2007

ok, at least something to miss from Italy....cheeses....yeah Italian cheeses are pieces of heaven....and Burrata is like clouds in your mouth...
Why could not every experience in Italy  taste  like its food?

Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:
>>  "We've received your letter stating your request for stopping the
>>  contract because of your move out of Italy. Our office is considering
>>  your request, and will contact you sometime."
MB:
>Yikes, Amara!  If it weren't so hideously annoying, it would be hilarious.

It _is_ hilarious. I'm finding that all of the public utilities have
this attitude to my request letter to turn off their service with my full
account information, departure date, and old and new address. It will
be especially hilarious when they discover that my bank account,
that was paying their bill automatically, no longer works.

Another amusement was the phone. I have been at home during the day, a
rarity, while the movers carted off my house. One phone call wanting me
to buy satellite TV services, another phone call wanting me to buy
furniture, one phone call saying they cannot turn off my electricity
when I want, and one phone from the Italian public TV saying that I must
pay them money for owning the TV that I have not owned for 1.5 years.

The highlight of the last days was a cheese I tasted that I have not
tried before. It is called "Burrata". You cannot find it (at least
easily) outside of Italy because it doesn't preserve well. I thought
that my mouth had died and gone to heaven. It was the creamiest and
tastiest cheese that I've ever eaten in my entire life. That just means
that I will have to try to have a  little bit (*little*! It is loaded
with yummy fat..) more in these last days before I go...

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado

http://mail.yahoo.com