[ExI] robugs

Spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Oct 11 01:31:30 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK
> Subject: Re: [ExI] robugs
>
> On 10/10/07, Spike wrote:
> >
> > Damien Broderick in his book Transcension, describes bees that are made
> into
> > robots for the purpose of spying on or otherwise influencing people.
> > According to the Daily Koz, DARPA is already there.
> >
> > http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/10/9/10118/4071
> > {8^D
>
> You can take your tin-foil hat off, Spike...

Ja, it was a joke.  That was why the original post contained a {8^D.  I
thought it entertaining that these protestors thought themselves interesting
enough to deploy expensive surveillance gear.  I can see more of them than I
care to know about from a safe distance with no optical equipment.

> They actually were big dragon flies. They are often seen in Washington...

I grew up in Florida, where dragonflies are often huge.  Protestors that
come to Washington from other parts are often astounded by these monsters.
I thought it hilarious in any case.

> 1) Why use an expensive experimental insect camera on anti-war
> protesters?...

Roger that.  One of the protestors carried a sign that read "Stop the war
now!"  Well, we ARE stopping the war now.  Wait until they see what happens
when we stop stopping the war.